Friday, August 02, 2013

My husband of 13 years

I started this blog almost 7 years ago one, for therapy, two to relay pics and info to friends far away (before facebook) and three to capture what life was really like.  I am now hoping it will be something to leave my children to refer back to.  Maybe they will understand more clearly the behind the scenes of their time growing up.  Blogging has become a job for many younger moms out there now who are mostly blogging to an audience of other women and I only WISH I could make $$ off this thing.

Well  I realized that I may have not included the pre-story for my kids. The one of how and why they exisit! This month on the 12th, likely the day after my dad will be released and I will not be with my husband) is when I married Michael Trent Phllips 13 years ago.  So here is my side of our story:

Once upon  time in a land far far away.... called Dallas, I was 24 sitting in the singles class on a wednesday night and  new friend introduced me to Trent. That next Sunday I brought some friends with me to church and we came in a little late and I ended up sitting on the back row next to that same guy, Trent.  My roomate had invited me and the girls to a popular golf tournament, The Byron Nelson. Over conversation in church we found out Trent was too so we ended up going all together, Four girls and Trent in my 98 rust colored Ford Explorer. It was the start of a friendship that would grow more over the next several weeks.  One night I ended up riding with Trent to a swing dance(The Red Door)  place and my roomate ended up staying behind. Trent drove me home that nigh, first time we had ever been alone, and he shared he would like to date me. He asked me to go to dinner the following day and then mentioned that his entire family would be in town and there as well.  :)

Wow.  I was honestly shocked. I had no idea that he had the slightest bit interested in me because he would always call and talk to my roomate AND then the fact that I would meet his parents and family on our first date! It went wonderfully. It was his parents and his dad's siblings and their families and then Trent's grandparents. They were all very warm and welcoming.  There was a lot of comic relief to say the least.

Dating recap? To be continued...............

1 comment:

The Binkley Family said...

looking forward to the rest of the story! :)

hope all ya'll are doing well and that things are better.