Monday, September 24, 2012

Design Business!

Well, weirdness... NOW I can post pics again! Well the above is what I have been up to! Started my own Design business.  Background: I went to ACU where I earned a Bachelor of Science in Interior Design. I worked in Tenant Development for two years and then went on to work at an Architect Design firm in downtown Dallas (WDG) for three years. When we moved out west I worked at a Furniture store doing space planning and then quit to do temp work when I became pregnant with my oldest son who is now about to be NINE! Its been awhile....

I still do the preschool thing twice a week and have been working on building a business the other two that I don't have children with me.  Its only been two weeks but I have been able to do some research and marketing and expose myself to the latest in residential design. I had the opportunity to work on some offices at my husband's company last spring. I have a few things to finish up there and then will have them photographed. I am currently working with a friend on two areas in her home and have done two consultations. Its coming....

I am hoping to do anything and everything from rearranging someone's shelves and putting up seasonal decor, all the way to a full room design.  We are at a turning point to where I need to be contributing more financially to my family. I hesitate to work for someone because of my fear that it will impede on my role as a wife and a mother.  I need to be flexible at the same time in order to be there for those who mean most to me. 

So far its been good but crazy. My house has suffered and projects have been put on hold as well as I am making less in getting started. That is the frustrating part. I am trusting God on this one. I know its either going to be a success or a major life lesson and both will benefit me greatly! I would appreciate any prayers!

I have a portfolio uploaded as well as give discounts and design advice on my facebook page- Lisa Phillips Interiors.
Stop by and 'like' the page if you get a moment! Now that I oddly have the ablility to post pictures again I may do a design blog as well. I am a little hesitant to do that b/c of Pinterest. I do not want to be pinable.  We'll see!

If you are even reading this its a true miracle! I am sure nobody heads this way anymore since I had let it go for so long!

2 comments:

The Binkley Family said...

So excited for you! I can't wait to see/hear more.

Ashley said...

I check your blog occasionally! Glad you are back to blogging! Post some pics