
Ty and his partner/friend Jackson just after arriving to the Civic Center to enjoy the Arts Festival of Lubbock.
Ty and his second grade teacher Mrs. Matthews.What a blessing she has been to Ty this year.

First thing we were led to the Arts Hall so see portions of the Ballet, Cinderella. It was a PERFECT time period to learn appreciation for Ballet, along with some basics in protraying emotions through dance, without allowing time to get bored for this age group. The entire Second grade in the city of Lubbock was there along with two other school districts. There were some REALLY neat exhitbits, like the Jelly Bean Art in the Mona Lisa and Starry Night! click on the picture for a more detailed view, really amazing!

and candy wrapper dresses! WOW!
If I wore this I might actually end up eating my jewelry.

and even wedding cakes! How cute is this topper??!!
There was even a lady painting TOMS!
My little man that I love...
This field trip was near and dear to my heart. I have a degree in Interior Design from a small school, ACU and the majority of my classes were int the Art Department. I sure have a love for it and wish I could go back at this point in my life for just shear enjoyment rather than memorizing to regurcitate for a test! I have not had the opportunity to attend the Arts Festival in the 9 years I have lived here and thoroughly enjoyed it!! Ty kept pulling me a long saying LETS GO MOM! YOUR TAKING TOO LONG AT EACH AREA!!! Ha! I guess I was. I just took it all in! I have a ton more pictures but too many to post. We also were able to sit and enjoy some folk music and watch four short films made by students. They were SO good and clever!!! What a beautiful day to experience and appreciate so many different types of art!

and even wedding cakes! How cute is this topper??!!
There was even a lady painting TOMS!
My little man that I love...
This field trip was near and dear to my heart. I have a degree in Interior Design from a small school, ACU and the majority of my classes were int the Art Department. I sure have a love for it and wish I could go back at this point in my life for just shear enjoyment rather than memorizing to regurcitate for a test! I have not had the opportunity to attend the Arts Festival in the 9 years I have lived here and thoroughly enjoyed it!! Ty kept pulling me a long saying LETS GO MOM! YOUR TAKING TOO LONG AT EACH AREA!!! Ha! I guess I was. I just took it all in! I have a ton more pictures but too many to post. We also were able to sit and enjoy some folk music and watch four short films made by students. They were SO good and clever!!! What a beautiful day to experience and appreciate so many different types of art!


1 comment:
Sounds like a fabulous field trip!! And I'm not even an art person. But I do think one should appreciate it! Fantastic!
Post a Comment