Monday, April 09, 2012

Easter Sunday



OF course I know Easter has nothing to do with a bunny or eggs or baskets. However its a tradition I enjoy. Stockings and baskets are on my mind each shopping trip throughout the year. I am sure I had a basket at some point in my life but I don't really remember them. I grew up with church in the morning and a big lunch late afternoon at my grandmother's house. In later years we would eat at a nice resturant after church. Its just not a huge celebration where I live now which really kind of makes me sad. Last year my mother and I did a big dinner for our immediate family and it was wonderful but we just plain ran out of gas this year so it was sandwiches and of course devilled eggs from mom :) We go to early service so I pulled the Bibles out of their baskets to take and they went through the rest of it after lunch. I think it actually worked out better that way so the focus was not on them but church. However there was not a mention of Easter in our service this year. In years past our preacher has included it but not this year. The Church of Christ feels that it should be celebrated EVERY day so its not necessarily any different than any other. I disagree. I was actually wishing I had attended a mass with some of my Catholic friends this year who dove into great detail about it. I know it, but I think I probably don't focus on it enough and what better time to do it.










Once Levi saw his 'carrot bat' that is all he cared about! BASSSSEBALL!!!














































Not bad! Look at that stance and where his eyes are!

















running the bases


























Dad and his clones :) Someday I will learn how to work the timer on my new fancy camera and maybe we can actually have a FAMILY picture instead of one with each parent!






































He eventually got back to the basket......



























2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I love that our kiddos have matching Easter baskets! You and your family are beautiful!

The Binkley Family said...

So sweet! I am sad that Zach is "too old" for all that now. You have such a beautiful family!