Thursday, July 29, 2010

Summer Casualties...

Chuck E. Cheese Tunnel one day with Meme
What was I thinking? They sure enjoyed them though!


HOW?


Seriously? HOW?
I did get it out after about 30 minutes.





Summer Losses:

1. Olivia's hair- due to getting out of bed and digging through her purse to find a piece of gum which she did indeed find.

2. Toilet Seat- green sharpie


3. Toilet Tank Lid- (ten days later) I don't even know how this happened and have yet to get a straight answer.

4. Ty's fitted Sheet- scissors. SO WEIRD. I am super sad about this one b/c they were jersey sheets in a chambray color that we had a hard time finding.

5. Bathroom Soap- now has to be kept in a cabinet out of reach after literally about 15 times of it being ALL OVER THE COUTNER. (Along with the toothpaste)

6. Bathroom Cup- same as above after pouring water over our counter twice. (Olivia)


7. Wall shelf, with hooks- again... I don't even know.


8. Sign in Olivia's room- ironically says 'Sweet Girl'. Was placed high above a window with nothing to even climb on near it. Again.. I have no idea.


9. MANY Hair clips and bows- have yet to find where they are stashed.. "SHE DOESN'T KNOW"

10. Coffee Pot- our 5th one since we have been married. This one leaks- its a cup push.

11. Small Skillet- I guess we have had a ridiculous amount of grilled cheese.. ten years old, Dillards brand- obviously not built to last.

12. Our living room cabinets... somehow were colored on. I since have painted them all black and are super pleased with how they turned out! This was a GOOD casualty!

13-Ty's teeth-9 to be exact filled cavities :( I am 36 years old and have yet to get a cavity and am SOOO Sad that my 6year old has had to go to the Dentist in three installments to have his filled!!! I guess he was not old enough to be brushing his own teeth, we watch now and he flawses everynight.

14. My windsheild on my burb FINALLY got replaced after a HUGE crack across the entire thing for the past year!!! SOOO happy about this one.


15. My sanity- have had to adapt to a whole new form of positive/negative reinforcement. MARBLES! I got the idea out of my favorite Christmas gift from my mother each year, Family Fun Magazine. I have learned since that it is very common in many classrooms and have passed it on to two friends who are doing the same thing! I love it b/c it is a visual consequence for good and bad choices. I like that I can take marbles out and they are not stuck forever like a star. I just happened to have a taller prego jar (Ty) and a shorter jam jar (Olivia). So far its been successful and when their jar is full they get to choose a friend to spend the night. Three weeks and counting.


16. My waistline :( I worked out hard for two months and was very disciplined in what I ate. 4lbs gone, which could have been done in just a few trips to the powder room. I have come to realize that its just going to take time and in time I will be able to be more disciplined about it on a regular basis. It was super hard working around baby's schedule and the gym's childcare hours. I sort of have given up for the moment. Its hard though b/c I really need my pants!!! I am starting a new office job to which I will have to be dressed at least a little more professionally and cannot just go buy all new clothes and only have so many elastic waist items!!! Two skirts to be exact! How depressing....
17. The door on Ty's armoire was ripped off yesterday. They hide in it and somehow have bent the hinges off. This is getting ridiculous!

3 comments:

The Binkley Family said...

Cute Post! I feel your frustration on the weight thing. I have had a hard time being consistent at the gym because so many other things come up! (Like going out of town so much this summer.)

Pop said...

I have always been told that things will get better as time goes along. I think someone lied to me about this.
Pop

1literatimommy said...

i LOVE this post. the marbles are very clever.