Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Levi is 4.5 months





























Wow how this time is flying. Its been a blur mostly. He did marathon eating the first two months nad then slept GREAT for a couple of months, now its random. Some nights its twice but more often its once. Its great however I guess I am just old b/c I am still SO tired!
He is such a happy little guy unless he is hungry. He started rolling over from tummy to back and then the opposite a week ago! I finally put him in his crib last week and knew he would do great, but surprised myself a bit... even I did okay! He has started kind of ooching out of his sleep positioner while still swaddled which is a concern. He cannot go to sleep unless swaddled.. he is TOO much of a mover unless forced to be still. I am not real sure how to approach this. I don't want him covering up his face but otherwise he wakes himself up ALL night, and consequently ALL of us! We have tried swaddling tighter, it just has to be done by Trent to work! He is LOVING that exersaucer and makes a lot of noise jumping in it! He seems to be so much older at 4 months than the other two were! He is very hands on with everything. He has also started trying to escape his bath! Arches his back and tries to wiggle out! This makes bathtime a CHALLENGE to say the least! He normally gets up about 7:30 and then is ready for a morning nap about 9:30 and then goes down for a long afternoon nap about 12:30 or 1:00.
I am trying to stay home for the majority of the day, for many reasons but this being the priority. Summer has been expensive for us! I blew my grocery and gas budget for the whole month in the first two weeks both June and July! Our kids are eating us out of the house and we have been driving all over. Last year we spent most days at the pool which is less than a mile from us but I have not wanted to take Levi with it being so hot and lately very humid! SO rare for Lubbock! Here is something funny, he prefers HGTV to Baby Einstein. Seriously. He screams his head off about one minute in to baby einstein eachtime I have tried it, but HGTV makes him still and he actually watches it. He IS my child! He has a belly laugh and has for about two months!!! SO FUNNY. LOVES to be tickled and for his diaper to come off and thouroughly enjoys a diaper change! He can raise one eyebrow at a time which cracks all of us up! He usually does so while smiling. Overall , Levi is thriving and been such a joy to have around. I will update with some recent pictures soon. I only get about 10 minutes at a time to the computer so it will have to be later. I love this little boy and am trying to write down things while I remember them!

1 comment:

Pop said...

He sure has grown. Only seems like yesterday that God gave him to you.
Pop