Thursday, May 14, 2009

Winding down... sort of!











Well another school year is coming to a close. I am starting to get emotional on a daily basis as I am realizing that these kids that I have become so attached to are going to be all over the city now, and it is possible I will never see some of them again! I never knew you could love a child as much as your own until I entered the world of pre-school. We only have two weeks left, filled with a field trip to Kenny's Corral, and a end of the year Luau next week- grass skirts and all! Two weeks left of being with my little guy on a regular basis, eating lunch with him everyday, and peeking in anytime I want!

Ty will be going to kindergarten next year which is really weird, yet exciting. So far I am not emotional about that but who knows how it will be on the first day! We had registration a little over a month ago now where we went to the school, met the teachers and then the kids went to the classrooms while the principle gave us the 411 in the cafeteria. I was more than impressed and think Ty is just going to love it! His school is three blocks south of our house, beautiful, and consists of nearly entire Christian staff lead by a Christian principle! We have friends who have already experienced this school and mammas who have encouraged us about going there. It makes it easier knowing that they are looking for guidance in the right place!

We are also closing on our first season in Western Little League. It has been a good experience and surprising in a lot of ways. I will say we have a coach that is not a yeller, as opposed to several that we have played! I think Ty has learned more from Trent than his coaches but he has enjoyed it. Every game, with the exception of two, however have been not enjoyable weather! Temperature is always considerably lower on those days and of course windy and drizzling the last two!!! It is MAY!



Our church had a Father/Daughter Sunday afternoon where they made a growth chart together, a flower pot, and ate their self-made 'sundays'! Trent and Olivia had a blast. It was actually a small turn out but I think it just made it all the more fun.


Ty had his end of the year program and did great! They sang for one hour! The States song, states in alphabetical order, The letter song, Jesus you are wonderful to me, I want to stop and thank you God, all songs in sign language as well and many more I cannot remember! I really was impressed. I cannot thank God enough for leading us to this school and the unbelievable program they have going.
Trent's season closed and his 'first' players graduated! That was a little weird too, to think he has been there that long now! He has had only the men's team this last season and will continue to do so from now on, which has brought SO much more balance to our lives and a lot less drama!!! We are loving it! Trent is here a lot more and is so flexible. He is also working in the finance dept. of a large corporation part time which has been really good too. God has blessed us TREMENDOUSLY this year.
Had a great Mother's Day. My parents came the Thursday before and were able to go to a practice and game for Ty's team. We had a nice day at church and then went to Red Lobster to eat. Every restraunt in this town was crazy! We came home and had a nice restful afternoon. Ty made me a garden stone with his handprint in it, and Olivia made me the cutest polk-a-dot (thumbprints) flower pot complete with flower! The card from Ty was an interview about me and is hysterical. I will have to post that sometime but I am keeping it forever!
Trent is currently on a guy's golf trip in Alabama living it up at Robert Trent Jones with B-diddy (Brian Davis) and the crew. What a nice end to the semester! We (me and the kids) have three birthday parties in two days along with two baseball games! The crazy continues....
Lots of things coming to end, some sad, some good but we are ready to hit the pool and the lake! I will post some end of the year pics for my two readers (Mom & Dad) in the next week! We will see you soon and love you so much. Thank you for making the trip out and all your time with the kids. Its so neat to read back on here now, I have been blogging for almost four years now! Neat to look back and see what was going on at this time in the past or see how things have changed. What a neat way to record!

3 comments:

Chelle said...

Well, it's about time there's a new post up here! Carsynn keeps saying, "I get to go to school with Olivia." So cute. Glad you all are doing well!

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

So glad things are going well. And just so you know...I read.

Erica said...

Looks like you end of the year is a lot like mine....really busy but fun! I love the pictures of your precious family and am so glad that your husband is getting to be around more. You may have to change the title of your blog if this keeps up;-) May blessings continue to abound in your life over the next year.