Friday, September 05, 2008

Ramblings...

Just some things floating around in my head....

Have you seen that commercial about Mom's "Taking Back Lunch!!" Amen ladies. I am floored as I am opening some of the kids lunches at school. No wonder we have such over weight children in our country! Let's also wrought their teeth out with two or three desserts just so the are happy with the selection in their little box. Is it seriously that hard to make a sandwhich anymore? Come on people!!! Hot dog and pizza lunchables??? That's a good idea for a pre-schooler, along with their bright blue capri sun it comes with. Hope ya got ya some oxyclean at home!

Speaking of wroughting our teeth, got a 'sweet deal' on some iced oatmeal cookies at Walmart, whole bag for .99!!!! So yummy with my afternoon coffee! Relax, its my only 'treat' of the day.

I have been watching the clock and timing it. Between my two children the longest time between a yell from being hurt or having to go to the bathroom is right at around five minutes. Whew......

Oh, and the restroom issue. I have ALWAYS had a Public Restroom phobia. Can't stand them. I will hold it FOREVER to use my own at home. What a joke these days. Now that I have two that are potty trained, we visit the restroom of every establishment we remotely come close to and at least two to three times while we are there. I try to bribe them with suckers if they will just hold it! Doesn't work.

This is also the reason I make everyone in our house remove their shoes at the backdoor and carry them to their closet... GROSS.

I don't care if people think I am wierd. I am getting my fall stuff down tonight and decorating. I want it to be REAL fall that bad and those items just make me happy :)

I am wish the yard dude would come more often, its getting embarassing. Everyone in our new neighborhood has a fabulous yard. I hope after the next month or so we can be apart of that!

I am LOVING Ladies Class. We are doing discussion tables this quarter and I am a leader to all much older ladies. Pretty intimidating at first but over the past few years these women have become my friends even though they could all be my grandmother! They make me look forward to growing older. What a blessing they are to me and make me laugh til I cry!!!

Why is Sarah (sp?) Palin not running for president???? She would TOTALLY WIN! Why can't McCain be for VP instead, we all know they don't do anything anyway...haha...

Were there protests at the Democratic Covention, I kinda think not.

Do we really need more reality shows? I mean they are kinda getting ridiculous! I saw on the View today (the whole five minutes I had it on) that there is a school that people go to, to learn how to be a reality celebrity. That is funny to me. I am over all that...except for Cash Cab of course!

Okay.... okay. Its off to make grilled cheese. Oh the gourmet cook I am these days! Hey, I still love them- thankfully so does my entire family-as long as there is hot sauce and chips!

Have a great weekend~

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Lots of thoughts, you busy girl. We are potty training too and I am tired of visiting the restrooms all over the town as well. I think the grossest was Walmart or Taco Bueno. Ah, the glorious days of motherhood.

April Carrasco said...

You know how we always end up knowing the same people. Well, Mike's cousin got married this weekend and his wife was talking about people she knew from LCU and she brought up you and Trent. She used to work with Trent, her name is Amy. Just thought that was a small world!

realitymomma said...

glad i am not the only one with such random thoughts... except alayna picked out a lunchable to take to school - based on the bright blue juice that came with it. i don't even know what the food was, she just wanted the juice. does desperate make it alright????

Michael Ann said...

Loved the random thoughts and am with you on every one...even the shoes off at the door! Palin Power!!

SS said...

That was a rather eclectic (sp?) group of thought, but I enjoyed them. Palin for president; I'm there with you. Ok, gotta go pack Ryder's lunchable for PDO tomorrow!!!