Friday, April 06, 2007

Pictures and Prayer Request



















Here are some more recent pictures, some of the wonderful spring weather we WERE having! Now of course its in the 40's..........good ole Texas! LOVE my lil Al Bundy at the top!
Well I have a prayer request. We went to the ENT yesterday and it looks as though Ty is going to have his tonsils out within the next month. They are so large that there is no space between them and Dr. Potacki referred to them as an obstruction to his airway! Well we are waiting to schedule for two reasons. The first being we want Dad to be there and have to work around his tournament and recruiting schedule. The second being insurance and the lack of coverage. Since we have had a job change we have also had a provider change. Something I realize now that I always took for granted. Our new provider "provides" nothing along these lines until you have been with them for at least 6 months and after that a small percentage, I think. Anyhoo... I called the Dr.s office to see just how much we are looking at and the person I need to talk to was not there and will not be back until Monday. I had this procedure done two years ago and its not a small price. Actually, our entire family have had some sort of procedure done every year for the past three years with this same ENT. Ty had tubes at 17 months old, My tonsils were actually the first when Ty was just 10 months old, and Trent had sinus surgery last year. Olivia has an appt. at the end of the month for ears after 9 ear infections, not consecutively. Its just a lot to swallow all at once and I know God will provide. He ALWAYS does. Just pray for us that we don't get stressed out about all of it and that Ty gets the care that he needs in the time that he needs. His speech is even effected by his tonsils! Also for my patience as I call around getting information and as children are carrying on in the background oblivious to an important phone call! Thank you for being people I can call on for prayer and encouragement. I am SO very blessed by all the people I have in my life.


6 comments:

1literatimommy said...

Lisa,
I will keep your sweet ty in my prayers. I am so sorry about the surgery, but am glad that he will probably feel much better soon!

SS said...

LOVE the Al Bundy picture. That's one that needs to be shown at some sort of high school banquet, someday. I'm sorry about all the hassle with insurance companies. Sometimes they're more trouble than they're worth. I'm confident that everything will work out.

A D said...

Love the pics. It's funny the first thing I thought of when I saw that pic of Ty wasl Al Bundy!!
Love Liv's hair.
Prayers always. You know how I feel about that so I won't go into details.
Whatever you need I am here for you. I can watch Olivia, whatever you need. Cook, clean, you name it!! But definately prayer!!
Mark 11:23-24.

Larissa said...

I am really thinking about you all! I totally understand the insurance thing, and all that goes along with that. Prayers are you're way!

^starshine said...

We had Z Girl's tonsils out when she was 2 and for the very exact reason. Her tonsils were so big that they made everything difficult. I look back and think of the difficulty she had as a baby eating and sleeping because of her tonsils. She gagged all the time and snored something fierce!!

The surgery was costly and the biggest expense was the surgicenter. We are still figuring out how to pay for Goober Baby's tubes that she just had put in. $$$ sucks! :(

Sarah B said...

We will keep that in our prayers! We LOVE Dr. Potaki! He did my dad's throat surgery and he took out MaKieley's tonsils! He is a great caring Dr.! Ty will feel so much better after it is done! MaKieley was almost like a different child!